Docker for Web Developers (Pluralsight)
The Docker for Web Developers course provides an engaging look at the Docker platform and the role it can play in your Web development environment and workflow. You'll learn about the many benefits that Docker provides from a Web development standpoint, how you can use it in your development environment to work with web servers, databases (and more), key Docker tools and commands that you need to learn to use Docker effectively, how to work with images and containers, as well as how to get a fully functional development environment up and running both locally and in the cloud. Learn about the many benefits that Docker offers and the productivity boost it can bring to your Web development projects. If you've heard about Docker and been wondering what all of the hype is about then this course is for you!
View the course at http://www.pluralsight.com.
Web development experience as well as experience working with the command-line on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Course Overview
- Why Use Docker as a Developer?
- Setting Up Your Dev Environment with Docker Toolbox
- Using Docker Machine and Docker Client
- Hooking Your Source Code into a Container
- Building Custom Images with Dockerfile
- Communicating Between Docker Containers
- Managing Containers with Docker Compose
- Running Your Containers in the Cloud
- Reviewing the Case for Docker