Docker for Web Developers
The Docker for Web Developers course provides an engaging look at the Docker platform and the role it can play in your Web development environment and workflow. You'll learn about the many benefits that Docker provides from a Web development standpoint, how you can use it in your development environment to work with web servers, databases (and more), key Docker tools and commands that you need to learn to use Docker effectively, how to work with images and containers, as well as how to get a fully functional development environment up and running both locally and in the cloud. Learn about the many benefits that Docker offers and the productivity boost it can bring to your Web development projects. If you've heard about Docker and been wondering what all of the hype is about then this course is for you!
This course is taught by Dan Wahlin (a member of the Docker Captains group).
You Will Learn:
- The role of Docker
- How to create Docker images and containers
- How and when to use volumes
- How to create a custom Dockerfile
- Container orchestration with Docker Compose
- How to link your local source code into a running container
- Key Docker tools
- How to push images to Docker Hub
- Integrating containers with Cloud Services
Web development experience as well as experience working with the command-line on Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Why Use Docker as a Developer?
- Using Docker Tools
- Hooking Your Source Code into a Container
- Building Custom Images with Dockerfile
- Managing Containers with Docker Compose
- Running Your Containers in the Cloud